Thursday, March 29, 2007

A Salute to the Stay-At-Home Mom

Happy Birthday, Mindy!

My sister-in-law, Mindy, is a stay-at-home mom (SAHM). As I have said previously I don't think I could be a full-time SAHM, so I have great respect for anyone that tackles and succeeds at the challenge. Mindy somehow manages to take care of my two nieces, J & K, and my brother and maintain her sanity.

J is an adorable 3 year old with bountiful amounts of energy. 8-month-old K is a typical infant discovering the world and probably trying to think up ways to stay out of her big sister's path. Not that J is destructive, she is just everywhere, like any other 3 year old. In addition to the two girls, they also have a veritable zoo with several cats, a couple of dogs, birds, a bunny and a handful of fish. In addition to managing this menagerie of people and pets, Mindy recently decided to start her own pet-sitting business. I honestly have no idea how she does it;I have my hands full with LP, the Hoos, and an animal-less household.

Moms of all shades - from SAHMs to Working Moms to whatever in between - continue to amaze me. Our capacity for ingenuity, flexibility, and achievement is unlimited.

No comments: