Sunday, March 18, 2007

Branded a 'Breeder'

Last night we went to my brother-in-law's house. My oldest nephew decided to put on a show for all of us at the end of the night and before dinner he gave everyone a beautifully handwritten, personalized invitation to the event. He customized them by putting a relevant drawing on each one. For example, my sister-in-law is a math teacher, so her name was covered with different math symbols. The Hoos and his brother like to fish, so they both had fishing scenes. My invitation had a swollen belly on it.

Nevermind that this kid has known me since birth (as his Uncle's girlfriend before officially becoming his Aunt) and he only has one cousin from me and the Hoos. I am forever associated in his mind with being pregnant. This is also the nephew that came to visit us in the hospital the day after I delivered LP and the first thing he said to me was, "You still look fat." He was right, I did still look fat. He was just being honest.

Anyway, his show ended up being a fantastic display of gymnastics. It was really very good.

No comments: