Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Whose Idea?

First, a shout out to my little LP who peed on the potty last night for the first time in forever. And she didn't just pee on the potty, she stood up in the living room, announced "Pee! Potty", removed her shoes, pants, and diaper, and ran into the bathroom. It was fantastic. Of course the first thing she shouted when she was done was "MISHIES!" because she knows that marshmallows are her special post-potty treat.

Okay, now is the part where I accept responsibility for the LP bed debacle. It is all my fault. I am the one that introduced LP to the faux big girl bed. To be fair, and make me feel a little less bad, the Hoos thought it was a good idea at the time too.

Last night LP went to sleep around 9:30 in the "bed". The good news, she slept through the night (not that it mattered much to me, I was awake with heartburn and the night sweats - yeehaw!); the bad news - she woke up around 6:15.

I tried really really hard to be quiet when I got up around 6:30 to get ready for work so as not to encourage her moving about, but apparently the shower is too noisy. When I left the house a little after 7 LP was sitting on the bed next to her sleeping Daddy trying to open new packages of undershirts and shoving everything under the Hoos' nose. He was thrilled.

He was even more psyched when I called from the car 15 minutes later to let him know that there was a dead mouse on our back patio. The bright side? At least someone (or rather some thing) had a worse morning than the Hoos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness. The first time is always soooooo exciting! Congrats to LP.