Monday, October 1, 2007

Not to Brag

LP is a genius. I know, I am biased, but the evidence is pretty clear.

This morning I was washing the dishes and remembered that there was a sippy cup still in our living room. I turned to LP and asked her to go and get me the cup. Two seconds later she was back at my feet, cup in hand.

Then, as we were climbing the stairs, I was pulling up some lint from the carpet (fancy housekeeping, right?). When we got to the top of the stairs, LP saw the ball of dust bunnies in my hand and grabbed it. I told her it was garbage so she walked into the bathroom and dropped it into the trash can.

I know, these are not big tasks. But it is truly clear to me that she understands everything that I say. Of course, a lot of time she purposefully ignores me, but that is par for the course.

2 comments:

Mrs. Booms said...

She's obviously brilliant. I have to tell my 8 year old to do things like that minimally twice before they MIGHT get done. But that? That is because she's 8, listening is not an obligation to her.

Anonymous said...

I just noticed that LD was doing the same thing. I agree with Shari - it is nice now when they listen the first time because they are testing out their new language skills. I had to tell my 4 yr old about 10 times to get dressed this morning!! Check out video on YouTube.com titled "William Tell Overture for Moms" it is hysterical and goes with this subject. - Dianna