Monday, October 15, 2007

Back to Me

I am not sure of the exact rules of Blog Action Day. I don't know if I am ONLY allowed to blog about the environment or if I should at least blog once about the environment. In light of this potential loop hole, let's bring this blog back to its usual, self-centered topic - Me.

This morning, LP decided to wake up at 6:45. Not wake up in the way where she will fall back to sleep, but wake up in the way where when I go to check on her she is standing up in her crib, chucking stuff out of it. Yay for Mommy. Since today is a "work from home for three hours" day for me, I do not like to wake up before 7:15. Or even really before 8. So, I did what any desperately tired mother would do in the same circumstances, I brought her into bed with me.

Lest you think that bringing her into bed means that she will fall back asleep, let me assure you, this is not the case with LP. She likes to poke and tickle us and climb around. At least this morning she managed to stay in the bed. I think this can potentially be attributed to the Hoos threatening her with one eye open every 2 minutes, "Do you want to go back to your crib?". Actually, she probably had no idea what he was saying. And when he did make good on his threat and take her back to her crib he returned to our bed with her two minutes later. Maybe the threats become less empty when they get older?

I can sense the lack of sympathy through the Internet for all those people who have kids that get up at 6 as a rule. Yes, I understand that I am lucky that 6:45 is an exception. On Saturday LP slept until 8:30. But that doesn't make me any less tired TODAY.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Picture this:

Queen size bed, almost queen size mommy, twisting midnight tantrum toddler, acrobatic preschooler who likes to kick in her sleep.

Ah, yes, the joys of co-sleeping.

Just remember, someday she'll be too old for it... and coffee, coffee, coffee.