- Incorrectly pronouncing "frustrated". The word is frustrated folks, with an "r". I can't even believe how many people say "fustrated". It kills me. Really, a bit of me dies each time I hear this.
- Falling down pants. I thought that the fad of wearing your pants below your underwear would have gone the way of the dodo a long time ago. If you have to hold up your pants when you run, you need pants that fit better. Also in this category, the fad of wearing one pant leg pulled up. What is that? Is it a gang sign or something?
- Talking in the bathroom. I hate when people talk to me while I am in a bathroom stall. Obviously I am in there for a reason and if I really have to go, I don't want to have to wait until you finish talking to me. Equally despised are the people that use the bathroom as a place to chat. Am I supposed to wait to flush until there is a polite break in their conversation so as not to drown out their voices?
- Callers who don't identify themselves. You know when you answer the phone and someone starts talking to you as if you know who they are? I think I am pretty good about recognizing voices, but I am not perfect. When I call someone I always say, "Hi, this is Amy, is So-and-So there?". I think of this as polite. I am calling them, my voice is out of context and I think it is only fair to give them a heads up. The only place this becomes a challenge is when you know multiple people with the same name. For example, the Hoos and I have three cousins Josh between us. We have both been caught looking silly when we get a call from "Cousin Josh" and it takes two minutes of conversation to figure out who the heck is on the line.
- Enforcers. Shari's comment reminded me of this one. Even though I have blogged about it before, it can't hurt to repeat. Enforcers suck. These are the people who drive 55 in the left lane and think they are doing you a favor since they are driving the speed limit. GET OUT OF THE WAY, PEOPLE!
Tuesday, October 2, 2007
I am just not feeling "it" today. I don't have a lot of energy and I can't think of anything new and exciting to write about. Instead, I have decided to outline some of my pet peeves so that hopefully there will be fewer people committing these offenses.