Friday, January 25, 2008

Taken Advantage Of

This morning I got up with LP around 7:30. This is early for her, but when she starts yelling out random body parts ("Eye! Ehbow!") you know she is awake for good.

By the time I got around to taking off her wet diaper the Hoos was downstairs with us finishing getting ready for work. LP decided she had to pee and was walking around bottomless, sitting on the potty for 2 or 3 minutes at a time before jumping off and running on to the next thing. The Hoos was getting frustrated and kept attempting to put her diaper on. She would scream and squirm.

I told him to let her go and I would deal with it (I am trying to be supportive of the potty training thing). The Hoos was frustrated with me and as he left he called out "Make sure she doesn't wear you out - you are pregnant! And don't let her take advantage of you."

Fast forward 10 minutes and 4 or 5 quick sits on the potty. Picture LP eating a bialy, pretending to do her business. Suddenly she gets up, runs into the hallway...and pees on the floor.

Maybe in my next life I will know better.

2 comments:

A's Mom said...

I agree with Kiki... this is too funny. But trust me, I'm dealing with Little Man A right now and his temper tantrums so anything other than that is funny right now.

Wenderina said...

Kiki so got this comment dead on. My laptop is jiggling with humor on my tummy right now. Little devil.