Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Special Club

This morning when the Hoos called me after dropping LP off at day care, one of the first things he said to me was, "Do you ever think of us as being in a special club? You know, a parents-only club where only members can truly understand how much you can love a little person?"

This is not a knock on non-parents. It is really just a note about how fortunate we feel to be LP's parents. I couldn't even have imagined the depth of my feeling toward little LP before she arrived. And, now that we are expecting Bun, I am already anticipating how that feeling of fullness will grow. And I am sure I am even under-estimating that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How nice to hear a man express it so well!

I once read that having a child is to know what it's like to wear your heart outside of your body. That's EXACTLY how I feel...

A's Mom said...

I think that club really does exist. I too feel very fortunate to have my child. It just still amazes me what he teaches us (both physically, mentally, and emotionally) on a daily basis without even knowing it.

KiKi said...

I remember being convinced I never wanted to be a mom. When I look at Zeze, I can't believe I ever felt that way. What, and miss all of this?!

Unknown said...

Yep, it IS a special club. It's an amazing gift, parenthood.