Monday, January 7, 2008

LP PEED ON THE POTTY

We just got back from Target where we got LP a Fisher Price Royal Stepstool Potty. When a child goes successfully the toilet plays music. LP quickly figured out that stepping on it would make the noise. I was a little worried that the toilet would provide hours of entertainment, but no actual training. After a few minutes of her being diaperless and totally rejecting any attempt by me to put on a new diaper I was also concerned that I had too soon given her the idea that diapers were a thing of the past.

I left her in the tiled-floor kitchen (figuring any clean up would be relatively easy) with the potty for a few seconds to check my email. A minute or so later the toilet played its trumpeting tune. I figured she had just stepped on it again and momentarily ignored it. I then decided that I might as well check on her. Imagine my surprise when I went into the kitchen and saw her standing there, gazing in wonderment at the PEE in the potty. I might have freaked her out a bit when I screamed with joy.

She then stood there and helped me put on an Easy Up diaper (lifting up each foot as needed) and followed me into the bathroom so we could flush the pee. I am not getting too excited, knowing this is probably a miracle and won't happen consistently for a while, but it is pretty freaking awesome.

4 comments:

KiKi said...

Pretty freaking awesome indeed. Go LP!!!

Mrs. Booms said...

Here I am catching up on your blog when you comment about mini-pizza's on mine!!!

Yay LP for using the potty!!!!

A's Mom said...

Hooray for LP!! What a great accomplishment... and before the age of 2! Good for you too, mommy!

Tiffany said...

YEA!!!! That is a start - it will get better from here but don't worry if things go haywire just go with the flow and give her lots of encourgement. If your lucky she will only needed a diaper at night by the time the baby is born!!!