Saturday, January 19, 2008

Robopanda: An Update

We checked in with my sister-in-law last night and apparently my niece and nephews are having a great time with Robopanda. They play with him, watch TV with him, put him to sleep and all around enjoy him. I am thrilled that he is living up to his potential as a fun interactive toy.

I really wanted to like him, but apparently I was a.) hitting him too hard (my nephew can tap him with one finger and he responds) and b.) on target with the fact that LP is way too young.

LP did keep the stuffed panda bear, Teddy, that accompanied Robopanda. She is definitely a little girl that likes her plush toys. At least for 5 minutes. Unfortunately, Teddy has a chip in him that helps Robopanda identify him; as part of the product, Robopanda occasionally asks for Teddy. The first time this happened my younger nephew, Y, ran and got his own stuffed panda toy for his robot friend.

I guess it just goes to show you - take every product review you read on the Internet with a grain of salt. It is important to understand who is making the review and how and why the product didn't meet their expectations.

2 comments:

Wenderina said...

It's nice to know that the Panda will live on happily somewhere...but poor boy has lost his teddy.

KiKi said...

Glad to hear Robopanda found a home - better them than you,eh?