Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Houston, We Have a Problem

On most Mondays LP's teacher asks the class during circle time what they did over the weekend. She writes the children's responses on a large sheet so that they can see what it looks like in writing. I love the idea and I also love reading what LP has to share.

For example, a few weeks ago it said, "I went out to lunch with Grandma and Papa and I ate chicken nuggets." Cute, right? Except that my parents were on vacation in Mexico. And when we saw them the weekend before, she had mac and cheese. And refused to eat it.

Yesterday's response was frightening. It was illegible. It was written by the support teacher - not the lead teacher that runs the activity and the classroom.

"I went to bela with dady."

I looked at LP, "What did you do with Daddy this weekend?"

The support teacher, obviously embarrassed, comes running over, "Oh, she didn't finish telling me. What did you do?"

LP: "I want to ballet with Daddy."

Needless to say, it is NOT my concern that Daddy brought her to ballet exactly once, about three weeks ago...

No comments: