Monday, February 22, 2010

Deep Impact

Having children obviously changes your perspective on life. It impacts you physically, emotionally, mentally and financially.

Which is why last night, I was crying hysterically at a movie. Deep Impact. A sci-fi movie about the world ending. One with an unbelievable premise - I mean it has a black president, c'mon, how realistic was that when it came out?!

Before LP and AK I probably would have teared up, because, well, I can't help it. But I was pathetic last night, watching movie people let their children go or make hard decisions. It wasn't exactly Sophie's Choice, but I was blubbering.

Boy so I feel lucky that my little buggers help me feel these emotions. They sort of counter the frustration I feel when trying to convince them to do something they have to do on a daily basis.

1 comment:

Wenderina said...

Ok - did I ever tell you that I have just about sworn off disaster movies unless they have some quirky funny stuff to offset the DISASTER? You are funneling all your care of the next generation - specifically YOUR next generation - into the scenario. I'm funneling all my personal anxiety about farflung things that are just not farflung enough for my taste. The one that got me so edgy that it took me days to come down? The global warming disaster flick - The Day After Tomorrow. Maybe because we work in the environmental field and are inundated with climate change stories...but I was absolutely convinced it could happen in my lifetime and I'm just not prepared to deal with that!