Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Please Don't Be Spies

After picking the girls up from school yesterday, we went over to Stew Leonard's. We visited the animals, toured the store and grabbed some samples before paying for our items and returning to the car.

As we neared the car, AK, who was in the front basket of the cart, decided to try her hand at surfing and stood up. I was aware and grabbed her before she could do any damage, and LP quickly climbed out of the main part of the cart to take her place. None of this is safe or recommended. At this point I noticed a nice older couple sitting on a bench right in front of my car watching the fiasco. Awesome mommy moment one.

Immediately AK sees the people through the front windshield and starts making eyes at them and waving like crazy. No one can resist, so they start waving back.

In the meantime, LP is in the car making her way to her seat. I remind her to get in her carseat and start putting her straps on while I put our bags in the car. When I am done putting the bags in the car, I close the door, get in the front seat, put on my seatbelt and start the car. LP then yells out,"Mommy! My straps aren't on!"

I get out of the car, leaving it running, and making sure the doors are unlocked (that would be an awesome mommy moment, wouldn't it? Locking my kids IN the car with it running). I open LP's door and start strapping her in. She leans out and announces to the lovely couple still waving at AK, "My mommy keeps forgetting to put my straps on!"

As I shush her she makes it clear she isn't done. "Look at my gum! I have my very own gum!" she shouts as she waves a chewed stick of gum out the door so they can see.

So there you have it - a hat trick of mommy awesomeness. Start throwing squid Detroit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a normal outing to me!

-DM

nallman said...

Ha! Love this one. Where is the cloak of invisibility when you need it?!?