Wednesday, October 7, 2009

It's That Time Again...

TRANSITION TIME!

We received the word that my little AK is moving up to the Toddler I Room at day care. No longer will I have a preschooler and an infant, my baby girl is a bona fide toddler!

In some respects, I am totally psyched:
  1. My weekly day care expenses will go down!
  2. The room only has one nap time (from 12:30-3) instead of two, which jibes perfectly with baby girl's schedule. Meaning she won't just have woken up two minutes before I pick her up.
  3. They have gym every day. More exercise = more energy expended = better night's sleep for everyone!
  4. You don't have to take your shoes off to go in the room! AK's current room is considered an infant room, and as such there are some crawlers. For safety purposes all parents have to remove their shoes before entering the room. My toenails still have remnants of the bright pink pedi I had months ago - so embarrassing! And really, barefoot parents isn't really more hygienic than shoes sometimes...

In other ways, I am a bit worried:

  1. The Toddler I room has the reputation as "the biting class." Not the current students in particular, but in general. The 18-24 month period is when kids are the most frustrated about their inability to express themselves and the most likely to bite others. I can't even tell you how many incident reports we got when LP was in the room that she was the recipient or perpetrator of such an attack.
  2. The kids sleep on cots - the days of the crib are over. COTS! Have you seen my AK? She is a tiny little peanut! I can't even picture her on a cot. Note to self, get a teacher to take a picture.
  3. AK is my baby. She can't talk (although she has started shaking or nodding her head in response to questions - adorable), she is still a little love bug that craves attention and love...how is it even possible that she is ready to be considered a toddler?

No comments: