Tuesday, December 16, 2008

LP's Burgeoning Vocabulary

A few of the recent highlights from conversations with LP:
  1. "Mommy, can Daddy do a project with me? Because you are feeding AK." She was right, I was nursing AK and couldn't play.

  2. "I'm taking my time." As she attempts to go to the bathroom in her pull-up (heaven forbid she poop on the toilet.).

  3. "...from afar." LP was telling my mother about how she likes animals. It is true, she does only like them from a distance. Once she gets close she freaks out. Like poor Coco the bunny, "I don't like him on the rug. I like him in the cage."

  4. "It's complicated." Explaining to me how it is difficult to put on socks with the rubbery part on the bottom so she doesn't slip and fall.

  5. "I don't want them to move." As she takes literally fifteen pieces of tape to stick something to the wall.

  6. "I want to decorate it." Her interest in coloring in one of the 'projects' we had created.

  7. "I went to work with Mommy and I saw Kiki." She LOVED coming in to my office on Friday and checking out my cube and entertaining my co-workers.

  8. "Do you want company?" Asking the Hoos as he strapped her in to her car seat and walked to the driver's seat.

  9. "Nice and cozy." Her request for when we tuck her in to bed at night.

  10. "These are my dancing shoes." As she stomps around in the princess boots my parents got her.

3 comments:

Wenderina said...

Priceless. There is a reason they had a show about "Kids say the Darnedest things..."

A's Mom said...

It's amazing how fast their vocabulary blossoms after 2 years old. Little Man is already saying half sentences.

KiKi said...

"It's complicated." WOW! She is just too darn cute. LMAO