Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Too Much Drama

I just realized that I have been with my two wonderful daughters for 24 hours a day for the past 6.5 days. I am exhausted. And today it showed.

Little AK had a big spit up at the end of her lunch. As I attempted to clean her off, I removed the straps that held her in place. I then removed the tray and turned to put it down on the dining room table to continue to clean up the little munchkin. In the split second I turned, she decided to take a flying leap and did a face plant three feet down onto the hardwood floor. It was awful. And I was right there.

She immediately started crying (a good thing) and as I consoled her I didn't notice right away that her nose was bleeding. A call to the doctor was quickly placed and my big girl LP rushed into her princess boots and coat so we could rush out the door.

An hour and a half later, the good news is AK appears to be absolutely fine. Mommy is still shaky.

2 comments:

Wenderina said...

I think it is a prerequisite to survival of childhood (or babyhood) to fall from a height at least once. I think every mother I know has a story like this one. Gravity 101, I guess. Glad AK is OK.

A's Mom said...

Don't worry. I chased LMA as he tumbled down the stairs... a full flight of them! Worse day of my life.

Glad everyone is ok.