Thursday, December 4, 2008

I Survived

First, I want to acknowledge that this is my 500th post. I know, la-di-freaking-da! The blog survived, I am surviving and life is good.

Moving on...

Last night was fine. It was a very casual get together with assorted neighbors dropping in from up and down the street. There were lots of kids, most in the 10-13 range, with the exception of my kids and the kids of the neighbor that alerted us to the party. When Santa arrived, we asked LP if she wanted to go outside and see the fire truck, she grabbed her fabulous red cape and ran to the front door. She was psyched about the truck and as soon as she saw the man in the red suit she wanted to go home, she didn't even notice that he was giving out presents. When the firemen and truck left she insisted on going back inside (mostly because she was in the middle of eating a cupcake when we rushed to check out the happenings outside).

All-in-all it was a nice way to spend an hour and very convenient that we only had to walk back across the street to be home. And I never had to give LP the little present I had for her.

In other news, the girls' school pics are in! Unfortunately I have not yet gotten the proofs of them together, but here are the individual pics. If the two of them together didn't come out well, we are suckers and will likely be ordering some of these along with LP's class pic.




4 comments:

Robyn said...

Isn't it funny how much thought you put into the whole Santa thing and LP didn't even notice?! Kids.

Those pictures are GREAT! Your daughters are both SO precious.

Wenderina said...

So adorable.

A's Mom said...

Congrats on the 500th post! That's amazing!

The pics are adorable.

P.S. I've been following right along with you, just sometimes not able to make a quick comment. :)

Anonymous said...

They are so cute. Just cute as can be.