Thursday, November 13, 2008

FYI

The information on the girls' Daily Sheets from day care, when accurate, has the potential to be really useful.

For instance, last week when AK's sheet said that she had only drank 2.5 ounces of milk all day (while chowing down her solids), I was sufficiently warned that it would be a rough night full of feedings so that AK could make up for lost calories.

And, when LP's sheet calls out NO NAP, I know that there is a good chance that the next few hours will be not-so-pleasant for the entire family.

However, there are occasions when I am not really sure what to make of the notes on the sheet. Yesterday LP's sheet said:

During nap time [LP] likes to sit on her cot and take off her shoes and socks even though we tell her to keep them on in case of a fire drill.

I am not sure if they are passing on an anecdote or if I am supposed to try to have a conversation with LP about keeping her shoes on. I do talk to her several times a week about using her listening ears and hearing her teachers' words, but should I be specifically talking to her about her footwear?

AK also had an interesting note yesterday:

[AK] has a rattle in her chest.

This note was also accompanied by a phone call. When Miss Louise spoke to me I asked if AK was coughing or in any sort of distress and she said that my little fuzzyhead was smiling and laughing and having a good time, although her nose ran occasionally. Am I a bad mom because I am trying to pick up cues from her actions instead of her chest? Should I be rushing her to the doctor?

In addition to trying to decipher the daily sheets, I have the distinct pleasure of having burst blood vessels in my eye again. This totally sucks and makes me feel really yucky. I cursed audibly when I noticed it in the mirror while brushing my teeth last night.

3 comments:

Mrs. Booms said...

Those daily notes are even less helpful when my husband forgets to give them to me.

Stephanie said...

Those helpful little notes drive me crazy. Thankfully, my kiddos are getting old enough that when I get some blather from the teacher they usually have some idea what it was supposed to be about. It's so frustrating when you have NO idea. Maybe the teacher was trying to draw you a nice little word picture about something cute and meant to write, "AK has a rattle ON her chest"... :)

Tiffany said...

You know your kids better than anything - especially if it comes to going to the doctor or not.

I would also rather take my shoes off for nap time instead of leaving them on. I want to be comfortable.

Sorry about the eye - I bet it looks sexy!!!