Monday, November 24, 2008

First Time For Everything

On Friday I got an automated call from the girls' pediatrician reminding me about an appointment for LP today (Monday) at 9am. I stared at the phone in disbelief. Why would LP have an appointment? She was 2.5, I didn't think she had another appointment until her three year...It didn't make sense to me and I did not remember making the appointment. I called the Hoos and asked if he had made a follow up appointment when he brought LP in for her black eyes (from getting kicked in the head by the teacher a few weeks ago). He said no.

When I called the pediatrician's office for details they told me it was her 2.5 year check-up. Alrighty then...

Turns out I made the appointment on May 30, two days before AK arrived, at LP's two year check up. This is the first time I have ever forgotten an appointment I made for LP or AK.Hopefully we can just chalk this up to pregnancy brain.

In other firsts...
  1. AK SLEPT FROM 8:30PM UNTIL 6:30AM LAST NIGHT!!
  2. I am home alone with LP today for the first time since having AK. AK is at day care. I am happy to have time with my big girl, but am definitely missing my baby.
  3. LP wore undies all morning on Saturday (and today). Even to run errands. She stayed dry. I think she must be a camel, since she never peed on the potty, despite pretending to try. I put pull-ups on for her 1pm nap and she woke up with it soaked. At least we know she has bladder control.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

It might be pregnancy brain, but it's definitely still with me. Those automated reminders are a Godsend! :)

Yay on a WHOLE. NIGHT'S. SLEEP!!