Friday, October 24, 2008

Thinking in Lists

There once was a sweet baby girl
who made her mommy the happiest in the world
but when she decided it not necessary to sleep
it made the mommy want to yell out [BLEEP BLEEP]

AK loves me so much that she doesn't want to waste a minute not being with me.

Despite:
  1. eating a large dinner of two tablespoons of oatmeal and half a container of peaches, and
  2. going to bed at 8:30 after nursing

She woke up at:

  1. 12:30
  2. 4:30
  3. 5

And after joining us in bed at 5, she:

  1. Decided to play with my face.
  2. Kicked me in the belly.
  3. Surveyed the lay of the land (it is actually very cute to see her doing push-ups in the darkness and craning her neck to see what is going on).
  4. Ignored the Hoos to focus on harassing me.

And when she finally fell asleep around 6:

  1. My arm fell asleep.
  2. My alarm went off.
  3. She woke up when I moved the sleeping arm to turn off the alarm.
  4. I had to get out of bed to get ready for work.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

That was Lily the other week. She was waking up at least 2 times and each time she was up for an hour.
Luckily she has finally settled down into getting up at 10:30ish and 3:30ish and only up for 1/2 an hour. This week I was super lucky - she slept through the night 3 times!!! I really needed it to since I am fighting a bad cold.

Times will get better but it is so hard right now.

Stephanie said...

I don't miss those sleepless nights, I must say. But I do miss the tiny toes, and the belly laughs that made the other patrons in the restaurant turn around and look, and the new discoveries every day, and the way I was just the center of the universe. I miss the onesies, and the way he ate squash until the bottoms of his feet turned orange, and the Johnny Jumper.

Those days go by soooo fast.

But almost 10 is pretty awesome, too. :)

Your posts bring me right back to those baby moments. Love 'em.

A's Mom said...

Yeah, one of the reasons why I don't regret formula feeding. Although that was my fault, I'm sure, it got Little Man onto a "schedule". By 10 weeks he was sleeping 8 hours straight, and I wasn't feeling the "pain". Was I actually sleeping? Uh, no. I was checking the monitor to make she he was still breathing. Some of the things I would possibly change if I ever decide to have another.... maybe.