Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sleepy Rhymes with Weepy

I love AK. She is really a wonderful, sweet, loving baby. She doesn't really have it in her to cry and I am so thankful that she is not a screamer. A talker, a whimperer, yes; but definitely not a crier or a screamer. Yet.

I feel bad complaining.

But I am so freaking tired.

Last night AK went to bed at 8:30. I fed her in her sleep at 10:30 hoping that would buy me a couple of extra hours before she next required nursing. But, no. Like clockwork she was up at 12:30. And 2:30. I think I fed her around 3:30 and the Hoos brought her in to bed with us shortly after that because he heard LP say something and was worried that AK would wake her up.

I don't think she wakes up because she wants to eat. How can she want to eat? She is eating solids three times a day and milk every three or so hours. My next plan is to start changing her every time she wakes up, hoping that she doesn't like having a wet diaper. I don't change her as often in the middle of the night (okay, or like at all) because I am worried about REALLY waking her up and I am lazy. However, if this works and I get a few more minutes of sleep (notice I am no longer requesting hours) I just might survive this motherhood thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so feel for you, Amy! It is tough going. I don't know how you do it! Hang in there mama! It'll get better.

Tiffany said...

I hate changing diapers in the middle of the night and for the longest time I did not bother. But lately if I don't change Lily then she wakes up soaked. So now I have to change her and she hates it!

I hope you get some sleep soon - it is so hard.