Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Neverending Growth Spurt

Any time there is a change in AK's eating or sleeping patterns I attribute it to a growth spurt. But, really, if it was a growth spurt every time, the kid should be about four feet tall by now.

This past weekend was wonderful in terms of AK's sleeping - she was up only once Friday and Saturday nights, at 2:30 and 4 respectively. This is AWESOME. I thought we had achieved a sleeping milestone. And I thought the solid food was really making its mark - she now has cereal (rice or oatmeal) and fruit (peaches and pears so far)twice a day. I was wrong.

Since Sunday I have been up twice a night, around 12 and then again sometime between 3 and 5. This SUCKS. Especially since I have to get up at 6:30 to get ready for work.

But then, I think about how I get to give her fuzzy little head extra kisses when I get up. And about how I get to hold her close and huddle together under a blanket so we can keep each other warm in the middle of the night. And I am (at least a little teensy bit) thankful for our extra time together. Whatever gets you through the day, right?

Conspiring during nap time

No comments: