Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Proud Mama

Both of my girls did great yesterday at day care.

Despite the fact that LP was (and is) clingy when the Hoos dropped her off, she had an "awesome" day according to Miss Shauna. In fact, SHE PEED ON THE POTTY FOUR TIMES! Seriously, at home she says she wants to go on the potty, removes her diaper, puts it in the trash, sits down, stands up and says, "All done!" and asks for mishies. At school they say the word potty, she pulls down a borrowed pair of pull-ups, pees and wipes herself. Is it common for kids to be potty trained at school but not at home? Oh, and she had a great time during dramatic play, especially when she is wearing the purple high heels.

Dee was a super star too. She slept well - no long naps though; Ate well, 12 ounces or so; and enjoyed the scenery. She was too overwhelmed to turn over in the classroom, but I am sure she will be back to rolling over in no time. She certainly does it at home enough. And last night she slept from 9:30 until 3:30. She might have gone longer, but I figured since I was up to rescue her from the turtle position I might as well nurse her too.

While I am very proud of my daughters, I am hoping that I will be rewarded with more time in the day. I have no idea how I am supposed to pick both of them up, play with them, nurse Dee and prepare dinner all between 5 and 7pm. Last night I prepped a lasagna that only needs to be put in the oven once I get home tonight; beyond that I see lots of take-out in our future.

5 comments:

Robyn said...

You should be proud -- you all did great! It will be hectic until you fall back into a routine. I'm super-proud myself b/c I threw dinner in the crockpot this morning. Last night was pizza -- we're definitely doing too much takeout.

Stephanie said...

Um, yeah. Did I mention that Hot Pockets and Totino's Party Pizza rock? Bagel Bites, Chicken Fingers, and TGI Friday's Potato Skins aren't bad either. Fast is good.

It will come together eventually. I'm thinking maybe around the time the last one turns 18. :)

Stephanie said...

Um, yeah. Did I mention that Hot Pockets and Totino's Party Pizza rock? Bagel Bites, Chicken Fingers, and TGI Friday's Potato Skins aren't bad either. Fast is good.

It will come together eventually. I'm thinking maybe around the time the last one turns 18. :)

A's Mom said...

Just pre-make lots of dinners (when you'll have the time to do that I'm not sure) and put them in the freezer. And crock-pot dinners are life savers!

Anonymous said...

It's all in the crock-pot, my dear!

Glad that the girls are doing well in daycare! You'll have your routine down pat in no time!