Friday, September 26, 2008

I'm a Snob

Yesterday we got a note from the owner of the day care center. Either he has the same level of writing skills as the director or she ghost wrote it on his behalf. Regardless, it is abysmally written. The intent of the letter is very nice and good news, but man, the delivery doesn't increase my confidence levels. Here it is in its entirety - spelling and grammar are taken verbatim. If you don't believe me ask DaisyJo_Mom or DM.

Dear [Day Care] Parents,

I wanted to take a moment to inform you that [Cristine Jones] has been asked to be the Head Chairperson for the Norwalk Parents Engagement Committee. The Parent Engagement Committee is a group that's {I AM NOT GOOD AT THAT VS. WHOSE BUT I DO KNOW 'THAT'S' ISN'T RIGHT} goal is for parents in Norwalk to understand three key messages. One - "Talk, Listen, and Read". Two- "Every child needs a doctor and a dentist". Three-"211 Info Line". {IS '211 INFO LINE' A MESSAGE?}

Furthermore, the Mayor of Norwalk, Richard Moccia, and the Superintendent of Norwalk Public Schools, Salvatore Corda, have officially invited our Director [Cristine Jones], to be a voting member of the Norwalk Early Childhood Council. The council is a collaborative effort of the Board of Education, Educators, Programs, Social Services, Health Professionals, and Advocates to better serve the needs of the children of Norwalk.

[Cristine]'s interest in serving, nurturing and educating young children in the Norwalk Community has been recognized at the highest levels. She has accepted both of the positions as the Head Chairperson and as a council member {JUST TO REITERATE}.

I would like to officially congradulate {REALLY, DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW TO USE SPELLCHECK?} her on behalf of the [Day Care] Family for a job well done, as I know these appointments will serve to make our school that much {HOW MUCH?}better. [Cristine] will continue at [Day Care] while serving as on both committees {JUST WHEN I WAS STARTING TO GET EXCITED...}.

Sincerely,

[Frank Capra]
Owner

5 comments:

DaisyJo_Mom said...

While I didn't get the actual memo from the day care, I most certainly agree with your comments regarding their writing skills. Rest assured though it doesn't affect the kids - RJ is doing really well in Kindergarten!

Robyn said...

That doesn't make you a snob -- it makes you LITERATE!!

I'm always amazed when mass-circulated letters don't get proof read before getting sent out.

Tiffany said...

It is not a well organzied letter at all! If that type of letter came out of my office my bosses would be very upset.

Stephanie said...

I agree with Robyn. It makes you literate. I never cease to be amazed at the letters, notes and announcements that come home with our bunch filled with misspellings and incorrect grammar. These are the people that are shaping our tomorrow! I expect better.

You shouldn't feel snobby for expecting better, too.

KiKi said...

Congradulashens on recognizing you're a snob.