Thursday, August 23, 2007

Ewwww! (I think?)

PLEASE NOTE: THIS BLOG POSTING MAY BE INAPPROPRIATE FOR SOME READERS. E.G., IF YOU ARE RELATED TO ME. IF YOU ARE RELATED TO ME AND STILL READ IT, NO COMMENTS, PLEASE.

Today's NY Times has an article about people remaining sexually active as they get older. Nearly 38% of men and 17% of women over the age of 75 interviewed reported having had sexual contact with another person in the last year.

A few items are of interest here, methinks.
  1. Good for them! I would still like to be in this category when I am over 75.
  2. Then again, maybe not. Don't parts start to fall off or not feel so great as you get older? I already feel creaky at times and I am not even middle-aged yet.
  3. The disparity between the numbers. Who are these guys hitting? Are there 10 women like "Blanche" from the Golden Girls that put out for everyone?
  4. Why did they feel the need to add in "with another person"? That just makes it sound sad.

There should be a joke - What is worse than walking in on your parents being intimate? Walking in on your grandparents being intimate. More likely, being the old people getting walked in on.

3 comments:

Shelli said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'll be sure to be back.

And regarding your post,... I think ewwww pretty much does it. lol.

Anonymous said...

I second that ewwwww! - Dianna

GreenStyleMom said...

I with you - I hope that I am still sexually active at 75... I think!

Just reading blogs during naps and thought I'd say "hi!"