Monday, August 13, 2007

A Cozy Place

Recently LP has started the most wonderful habit. She picks up a toy, carries it over to the Hoos or me and sits down in our laps. It is the most sublime feeling. This little munchkin makes you feel special to have been chosen to act as her chair. She leans back into you and relaxes and it is impossible to imagine that there is anywhere better to be on the entire planet.

Of course, with the good, comes the not-so-good. We were playing outside this morning. I was weeding and LP was gathering acorns on the driveway. At some point we both walked to the front of the house and were playing on the stoop. LP was carefully picking up handfuls of mulch and piling them up on the steps. All of a sudden, and very purposely, she started rubbing handfuls of mulch on her head. At first I thought maybe she had an itch and just happened to have a full hand when she went to scratch (similar to how she occasionally tries to eat when her pacifier is in her mouth). But no, she did it again, and then got upset when I tried to stop her as if Mommy was not clued in to the benefits of dirt in your hair.

I guess this is just the beginning of my daughter thinking she is smarter than me. Why should she be any different than the rest of us?

No comments: