Thursday, April 19, 2007

Hallelujah

Today I feel refreshed, rejuvenated, well rested. Why, you ask?

Last night the Hoos and I tried to put LP to bed early. We bathed her at 8:20 and put her in her crib around 9. While she didn't fall right asleep, she did fall asleep with little resistance. Even better she slept until 6:50 this morning! I know, 6:50 doesn't sound like much, but compared to interrupted sleep it was heaven.

Besides, I was getting out of the shower when I peeked in and saw her standing in her crib - it was the Hoos that was still sleeping. But not for long!

When you sleep well, good stuff generally follows. For instance, my production is up today. Yippee! Even though I am in the process of introducing whole milk to LP's diet, I am not yet at the point where we are going cold turkey. Also,I had a minor success at work completing a video that we put together to launch our new brand positioning, an initiative that I managed. And finally, on a minor note, I donated to WFUV, a public radio station based in NYC that I listen to frequently and I caught them thanking me for my donation: "Thanks to Andy, er, I mean Amy, from Norwalk, CT who listens to FUV because she says it is helping her teach her 10-month old to appreciate good music."

While everything isn't peachy-keen across the board (e.g., a call from LP's school telling me that her breathing sounds a little "rattly" which we attribute to general congestion), I am following Sara's lead of accentuating the positive. Bring on the sunshine!

No comments: