Saturday, April 4, 2009

Signature Sayings

When my nephew, O, was 2 or so he was playing with his father and sister and all of a sudden started yelling out "Hickle fee, Aba! Hickle fee!" Poor kid is now 10 and we all still remember this story of his way of saying "Tickle me, Aba!" Probably because his father (Aba is Hebrew for Dad), my brother-in-law called everyone and told us this hysterical story.

Similarly his big sister, M, now 12 will always be remembered for telling us she was wearing "longs" when she wore regular pants (obviously as opposed to shorts).

I am still reminded of the time I ran crying to my mother after a conversation with my cousin yelling, "Mommy, why don't I have scronuts?!"

LP is well on her way to making a lasting impression. She has taken to saying "I'm all dressed off!" when she removes her clothes in preparation for a bath. I am sure this is only the beginning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, we think we know who that cousin was...the one who will join you in parenthood in a few months?!

Love,
Aunt Barbara & Uncle Joey

Sue Polka said...

Adriane wanted to do her nails a long time ago (how long ago can it really be, she's 5) but she kept mentioning pom-poms - which she had. I kept telling her to go play with them until I am ready to do her nails. When I opened the cabinet to get the nail polish remover she started saying pom-poms repeatedly. That's when I realized she wanted the cotton balls. Kids do say the darndest things and I am so glad I document them in their journals. Thanks!