Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Last night had some good parts.

LP built a "house" in our living room and then invited her sister in to play. She even brought in toys for each of them to play with. It was incredibly sweet and gratifying to see them playing so nicely together.

Some bad parts.

AK is teething. She made noise at 3:30 and the Hoos went in and gave her the paci. She woke up at 4:30 and I went in and applied some Orajel to her gums. When she woke up at 5:30 I went in and nursed her. Reading between the lines we were up from 3ish until 6ish.

And some ugly parts.

Last night LP wasn't being very good getting ready for bed. The Hoos came downstairs and asked me to take over because he was getting frustrated. I went up to find LP having a bit of a meltdown. She was practically hyperventilating which was making her gag which caused her to spit up some mucus on me. As I brought her into the bathroom to clean up that mess she spit up more than mucus on me and the floor of the bathroom. Sweetness. The good news is that I got her to "spit up" into the toilet more than on the floor. It still wasn't pretty but at least she eventually calmed down (for the record, this was not illness related, but rather caused by a worked up child).

I finally changed her cleaned her up and got her into bed around 9:30. The Hoos proceeded to clean up the bathroom. At 10:00 LP called out to me, "Mommmyyyyyy, my room smells like spit up." Awesome.

Fortunately she didn't spit up in bed, she just wasn't cleaned up as well as she might have liked. Of course she then required more thorough cleaning. At 10:30 she and I were resting comfortably in her bed when I really started to fall asleep. "Baby girl, it is way past your bed time. So far past that it is past Mommy's bed time. Good night."

No comments: