Thursday, February 12, 2009

If You're Happy and You Know It

AK has started clapping! It is really very cute. LP and I have been sporadically trying to teach her for a few weeks, but I think they have really been making more of an effort at school. I am thrilled to see her happy little face as she clap, clap, claps with joy.

AK is still teething! It is less cute to see her at 2:30, 3:30 and 4:30 in the morning. I am guessing the teething wakes her up? Even if we don't go into her room to give her the paci or apply orajel, we are still awake because we hear her. It is miserable. For all of us.

LP has her days! Yesterday morning the Hoos called me in a very cheerful mood. "As awful as LP can be is how good she was this morning!" We love good days so much better than bad days. Last night was even pretty decent with LP in bed by 9. Woo-hoo!

Free stuff! I got word this morning from the Fairfield County Child blog that I won a family four pack of tickets to see the Harlem Globetrotters at Harbor Yard. At the very least it should be entertaining. Even if we do have to bail after half an hour.

Free night! LP is spending tomorrow night with my parents so she can go and see Sesame Street Live with them Saturday morning. Sure, we still have AK, but at least she predictably goes to sleep around 8:30 without much fuss. AND Saturday night we will spend on LI at my parents house. My parents will watch both girls so the Hoos and I can go to dinner with friends. Coincidentally it is Valentine's Day, but we aren't looking for romance we are looking for quiet...and grown-ups!

No comments: