Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Hacker

Is it just me or does coughing always seem to get worse at night? Seriously, I felt fine all day yesterday, occasionally coughing when I talked too fast or breathed too deeply and about 10 minutes before bedtime I start hacking away like a two-pack-a-day smoker. Good timing, because really, who needs sleep?

Last night at 12:30 I got up out of bed and dragged my sorry butt into our guest room. I figured the Hoos did not need to lay awake along with me. Of course, my wonderful husband followed me into the guest room to help me clear off the bed (did I mention the 'guests' that use the room are my clothes?). He then returned five minutes later with my pillows. It was very sweet of him, but of course it defeated the purpose of me moving to the guest room.

Soon after getting into the spare bed, my cough subsided (big shock there). Rather than risk tempting fate, I decided to stay the course. Today I am exhausted and relatively cough free. (again, a shocking conclusion to a crappy night).

Maybe this is "body boot camp" for when Bun arrives.

2 comments:

A's Mom said...

I do the same thing when I'm coughing all night long. But that did sound like me when I was pregnant as well. Not only do you have to pee every 3-4 hours, you start coughing, snoring, and talking in your sleep. All that makes for some wonderful nights.

Wenderina said...

You are too kind. I usually send hubby away - if I'm sick I want my own bed; if he's sick he's annoying and I want my own bed.

Yes it's all about me.