Tuesday, February 13, 2007

So Not Ready for This

I spent some time yesterday preparing for my trip to Phoenix. I am starting to freak out a little bit - not because of the trip, but because of the weather. Please, oh please don't let me get stuck out there. 36 hours away from my baby girl is going to be hard enough. Leave me alone, inclement weather!

Typically I work in the office on Tuesdays, but since I am heading out of town, I am working from home until heading to the airport. This morning, LP woke up at 7:50 and made some noises implying, "Okay, Daddy, I am awake, come and get me ready for school." She was probably surprised when Mommy went in to get her. Imagine my shock when I walked in to see her sitting up in her crib. Just sitting there, staring at me, with her pacifier in her mouth.

Now I am thinking, oh boy, I am leaving the Hoos home with an even bigger challenge. He needs to lower the crib by himself without me here to help or watch LP. Then, Hoos gets ready to take LP to day care. Of course, she was fine and I start blubbering like an idiot. Who is this strange emotional person? That's right - it is a mommy.

No comments: