Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Too Far?

Recently AK has been obsessed with the Teletubbies. LP also enjoys them and I have two episodes saved to the DVR from a couple of years ago. This is quite fortunate because the 'Tubbies are no longer shown on TV. In fact, 'Tubby items are no longer really sold in stores either (you can pay an arm and a leg to get them online though).

Yesterday I thought I was being quite clever when I posted to Freecycle seeking All Things Teletubbies. Until I got a response and had to ask the Hoos to pick the items up.

The Hoos is not really a fan of Freecycling. When I Freecycled some kitchen gadgets earlier this week he wondered why I didn't just throw it out. "Hey," I reasoned, "If someone else is going to use it, why not? Better than going to a landfill!"

My request resulted in purple (Tinky-Winky) and yellow (La-La) Teletubby dolls. The Hoos thinks I am nuts. He thinks that if someone else's kids treat their toys the way our kids do (eating them, drooling on them, etc.) why would we possibly want them. I was going to just throw the dolls in the wash (before the girls see them, natch). If they get ruined, they get thrown out. Big deal.

What do you think? Freecycling stuffed animals icky? Or ingenious?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stuffed toys... ICKY! With your husband's germ issues I can't believe he 1) picked them up for you, 2) put them in his car, 3) let them in your house and 4) let your children play with them! ;)
-MLH

Tiffany said...

I would most certainly use free cycle for stuffed animals. Just throw then in the wash with super hot water and you are good to go.

Unknown said...

totally fine - just wash!