Tuesday, January 27, 2009

You Know You're a Mom When...

  • searching through your purse for your work ID badge you have to sift through random detritus, like diapers and wipes
  • your own snot is the least disgusting thing on a used tissue in your pocket
  • you realize it is just easier to catch throw up in your hand rather than clean it up off the furniture after the fact
  • making three different meals is "just easier"
  • you start downloading StoryNory and Sesame Street podcasts to your iPod
  • the last CD you bought contains the song "No more monkeys jumping on the bed"
  • you don't mind waiting for the cable technician to show up as long as he makes Nick Jr. onDemand stop freezing
  • you hate specific toys with a vehemence you didn't know you had

6 comments:

3XMom said...

lol!!! I can relate to ALL of that!

A's Mom said...

I did "catch throw up in your own hands" last week. It was easier to clean up. But gross none the less.

Mrs. Booms said...

LOL - Too funny, I always said, "I knew I was mom the day I let my daughter throw up in my hands rather than get it on the rug."

Robyn said...

yes, yes and YES!

My capacity for "gross" is so different now than before baby!

Anonymous said...

You hit the nail on the head!! I will think nothing of using my sleeve to wipe the kids face if there isn't anything else around.

-Dianna

Tiffany said...

Since you closed that your most recent blog entry to comments I have to comment here. I am so sorry but don't feel like you were a bad mom you have to carry AK up and down the stairs and falling just happens. I am glad to hear that it will heal in a couple of weeks and I have also heard the same thing about babies legs. How is AK doing? No big deal to her I guess? Again I am sorry and oooo poor little thing.