This weekend also had some other highlights:
- My new washer and dryer were delivered! I never thought I would be one of those people that was excited by new appliances, but I also never thought I would never be one of those people that had mountains of laundry that seem to procreate. My new Kenmore 800s are cavernous, efficient, and way younger than the 23 year old washer and 18 year old dryer we got rid of. Woo-hoo!
- We sold my Escape! In 2001 I bought my first new car, a red Ford Escape, nicknamed "My Pretty Baby". She replaced a 91 Buick Regal my grandparents gave to me as a graduation gift. I loved My Pretty Baby. She was pretty, new, fit my personality...but in October 08 we needed more interior space (two car seats will for that to you) and I was jonesing for a fresh ride that wasn't going to be needing serious replacement parts in the coming years. Enter My Trusty Steed, my new CRV. I felt guilty when we couldn't sell the Escape and she hung around way longer than anticipated. I was thrilled when she was finally snapped up this weekend. YAY!!! We are back to being a two (Honda) car family.
- My blog hit its second birthday! Leave me a comment with some good karma that hit you recently and you are eligible to win some of the cool prizes I have accrued since starting this blog:
- Carmen Electra Strip Tease Work-out DVDs (unopened - shocking, I know),
- Margarita Mama: Mocktails for Moms-to-Be. A book of cocktail recipes for those that can't partake in alcohol
- daysago digital day counters. When you want to know how long something really has been in your fridge.