Sunday, July 29, 2007

A Miracle

Last night for the first time in what seems like forever, the Hoos and I rented a movie and watched it from start to finish. Typically, when he recommends we rent a movie (or order it through pay-per-view) my response is that there is no way I am going to be able to stay awake for the entire thing, so why bother.

Last night I must have been in a good mood, because I relented and he brought home The DaVinci Code, a movie I have been wanting to see since before I had LP. I am almost positive that the movie came out the weekend I gave birth to her.

I don't know what I was thinking since LP was out of sorts with a fever of 102. After her usual bedtime ritual (which now includes a brushing of her pearly whites) and a dose of Motrin she still wasn't sleeping. The movie helped strengthen our resolve that once she is in bed we should just leave her until she falls asleep. This isn't a problem 99% of the time, because she just falls asleep or lays there relaxing until dozing off. So, despite some peeps from her room last night, we stayed downstairs and watching the ENTIRE movie! In ONE sitting! UNTIL 11:30!

Before getting into bed ourselves, I told the Hoos that since I had stayed up so late, it was his job to get LP in the morning so I could sleep in. Of course, for the first time since we last rented a movie, she slept until 9am!

No comments: