Monday, June 18, 2007

One of 'Those' Moms

I have become one of 'those' moms. The ones ignorant, judgemental, non-parents look upon with disdain.

Yesterday in the grocery store, LP started getting fussy. So, like any other parent trying to get through an errand without totally alienating the rest of the population, I popped open the box of graham crackers in my cart and gave one to LP. I then high-tailed it over to the in-store Dunkin' Donuts to liberate some of their free napkins to use to clean up the graham cracker goo that would surely coat my cart once the cracker had disintegrated in the baby's hands and mouth.

I haven't gone to the store without showering yet, or brought LP to the store in her PJs, but I can see how this might be a slippery slope. Instead of giving looks of pity, I will give these brave, hard-working women looks of sympathy and save the disdain for those who think they know better.

No comments: