Friday, June 1, 2007

LP and Beyonce

My mother likes to buy toys that make noise. I am not sure if she likes them because she actually enjoys the noise or if she is trying to pay me and my brother back for being noisy children.
One of the latest gifts she brought LP was a dancing turtle that plays music. My mother thinks it says "Bubblicious," like the chewing gum. In reality, the turtle - which I think is supposed to look like Beyonce with a bad, blond, weave - dances and sings "Bootylicious." You know, "I don't think you can handle this (whoo!) I don't think you're ready for this jelly....I don't think you're ready for this 'cause my body's too bootylicious for you babe!"

My mother didn't care what the song was really, she just knew it was $1.29 at CVS and she wanted to get LP an animated gift, similar to the dancing, La Bamba-playing Speedy Gonzalez figure she has at her house.

My little angelic daughter now dances and sings along with the turtle. I don't have the heart to tell her that while she is beautiful, bootylicious she ain't...and she most likely never will be.
PS: the picture to the right is not our doll, instead it is similar turtle that does the electric slide. (Please don't tell my mother it exists!)

1 comment:

a happier girl said...

For Valentine's day my father "couldn't resist" buying our three year old a pink hippo that dances and sings "Looking for some hot stuff baby this evening. Looking for some hot stuff baby tonight." Thankfully, she hasn't asked us to explain hot stuff yet.