Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Roughing It

My dining room looks like my basement exploded in it. We are busily preparing for our camping trip this weekend and have decided (by default) that the dining room will be our staging area. THIS IS CAMPING! People camp at a moment's notice with no preparation. And yet this three day, two night excursion into the wilderness requires several lists just to manage all of the items we are bringing with us.

We have a list for the "usual" stuff - sleeping bags, sleeping pads, tent, flashlights, etc. Another list holds the food items (never mind that my sister-in-law and I are trying not to duplicate too many items in this category and already I have an overflowing bag of just the non-perishable items). You also have to consider the baby-specific items such as the hiking, baby-carrying back pack, the pack-n-play, the sleep sack in case it is cold, the baby Benadryl in case she gets stung by too many mosquitoes...I had to convince the Hoos that it was not necessary to bring a high-chair. You get the idea.

The good news is that the weather is supposed to be clear. The bad news is that my dining room probably will not have sufficient time to recover before our week-long vacation at the Cape.

No comments: