Friday, March 12, 2010

As Time Goes By

An hour and a half into nap time and there was no napping going on. Forget about napping, I don't even think there was any laying down going on. I am pretty sure she just cried and yelled from a standing up position for the entire time, save from when I was in there attempting to get her to lay down.

At 2:30 I was fed up and stopped what I was doing, put on my coat and shoes and went upstairs and plucked her from her crib. She stopped yelling, but she was confused. We walked right out the door to my car. "Jacket?" she asked. I shook my head. "Socks?" she said, pointing to her bare feet (obviously having removed her socks during non-nap time). "Shoes?" she asked incredulously.

We drove to the Dunkin Donuts drive through. I got a caramel latte and turned around to go home. She was out.

I pulled into the driveway and promptly dropped the almost full latte onto the driveway. At least she was still sleeping.

When LP was AK's age I think I let her cry for the entire naptime until she fell asleep. I don't even think I attempted to get her to settle down. I am not sure why the change. I think it might have something to do with needing some peace and quiet. And to having some general sense of routine. I like to pick LP up early on my home days - a little after 3; which requires AK napping around 1.

Starting next week I will be sending both girls to day care on Mondays. I won't be going into the office, but I will be using the time to get work done and run errands. I am sure I will feel guilty, but damned if AK doesn't go down for her nap around 12:40 whenever she is at day care! They wear her out; I drag her around.

Time changes everything.

No comments: