Tuesday, July 1, 2008

An Outing!

Today I actually left the house with Dee and spent time with a grown up that isn't related to me and that I don't pay (e.g., doctor, day care worker, cashier). It was great.

I think I have mentioned before that of the dozen or so kids in LP's day care class about eight of the little rugrats are becoming big brothers or sisters this year. As such, at least four of us are currently on maternity leave or home for the summer with newborns. We have been talking about getting together for weeks and plans and timing just never seemed to mesh. Finally, this morning on the spur of the moment, I called Chloekins' mom and asked if she wanted to meet at the beach.

It was lovely. There was a nice breeze and both of our kids slept like angels, requiring neither of us to attempt to nurse unobtrusively in public. And, because we were near the marina, there was a nice outdoor restaurant that she recommended for lunch. I ate real food that didn't (as far as I know) require use of the microwave and had adult conversation about life, motherhood, and work.

If every day was like this I might get used to stay-at-home-mommyhood...But I know better.

No comments: