Monday, June 30, 2008

Been Better

Why does my body hate me? Do you think it has to do with the stretch marks I foisted on it?

For the first time in forever I got some sort of stomach bug on Friday evening. It only lasted until about 3:30 in the morning, but it definitely set the tone for the whole weekend. Not to mention that one of the only things you want to do when you are experiencing gastrointestinal distress (aside from getting the dang bug OUT of your system) is sleep and between bathroom trips and nursing there wasn't much rest to be had. Of course, both of the girls slept until 8:30 Saturday morning but I still wasn't feeling myself so I was up and about at 7:15.

Saturday we actually had a nice day with my parents and aunt and uncle visiting. LP enjoyed the attention while Dee slept and I guzzled Gatorade (have to stay hydrated!).

Saturday evening both the Hoos and I started to feel a little out of sorts. Like we were randomly getting allergies. At least we think that is what it is. We had our trees trims (sounds kinky, but believe me, not so much) on Friday and we think the pollen, saw dust and other good stuff that good kicked up is wreaking havoc on our throats and sinuses. AWESOME!

And, despite the fact that Dee was up a good part of the day yesterday, she still wasn't really interested in going to sleep last night and was up every two hours to eat. Even though she didn't really want to eat, she just wanted to chill with me and pretend to nurse. Good thing I am well-hydrated so she could nurse if she actually wanted to.

Enough whining. Tomorrow will be full of sunshine and light. And I bet I will have a silly LP story to share. At least I hope so.

1 comment:

KiKi said...

Thank G-d for Gatorade! I was a little worried when I started reading that emptying out on both ends would wear you out. Sorry for being crass but you know i'm a lunatic. Hope it at least made you smile.