Thursday, June 10, 2010

Rise and Shine

Twice this week, my children have woken up at 6:30. For some people 6:30 is late, and to those folks, I send my apologies; for us it is early. It is approximately 10 minutes after I hit snooze on my alarm clock for the first time and about 10 minutes before I actually am ready to crawl out of bed.

On Tuesday, it wasn't a surprise when LP came running in, "See, Daddy! I popped right up!" We had primed her the night before that she needed to be good and move quickly in the morning in order to get to school earlier than usual to prepare for her field trip. LP was confused when the Hoos grumbled, "It's too early!" and she burst into tears. Fortunately, it all worked out and she hung out in the bathroom with me while I got ready for work.

This morning, it was baby sister that took on the responsibility or getting us out of bed. The Hoos got up in the hopes that he could cover her and she would quiet back down. Alas, it was not to be and she started crying out, "MOMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" very very loudly. So he brought her into bed with us. Which was fine, until I had to get up to shower.

Since she had not fallen back to sleep, I tried to get her to follow me into the bathroom. But she suddenly did an about-face and returned to the bedroom to harass the Hoos. I decided to go about my business. Unfortunately, when I got out of the shower, it became obvious that she had not returned to the bed to snuggle with the Hoos. In fact, she had taken advantage of his slumber and decided to bug her sister instead - the light in LP's room shone bright from underneath her recently slammed door.

By some miracle, LP was not a complete sourpuss (as I would have been under such conditions) and actually was happy to see her sister (once I turned the light off). I am not sure if the Hoos actually got the girls out of the house any earlier than usual, but at least I was able to get them started moving in the right direction.

Too bad I wish I was still in bed.

No comments: