Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Strange Bedfellows

Last night as I lay sound asleep, I suddenly had a warm little body snuggling up next to me. Dazed (for obvious reasons) I attempted to cover LP with the blanket and shifted to get more comfortable to return to my slumber.

"Mommy, move back the other way!"

That grounded me.

"Wait a minute, you aren't supposed to be in bed with me. I'm sorry, LP. Let's go back to your bed."

I took her little hand, walked her back to the correct bed, pulled up the covers, patted her back and sleep-walked back to my bed.

I still have no recollection of helping LP in to bed - maybe she pulled herself up? That will teach me not to sleep in my usual spot on the very edge of the mattress.

Although, it was kind of nice to get some nice cuddling - even if it was 1:30 in the morning!

No comments: