Wednesday, May 12, 2010

An Alternate Reality

Four years ago I was nine months pregnant with my first child. We didn't know a lot about "Bump." The baby's gender was a mystery, as was his/her disposition, size, shape...we also had no idea of the impending impact on our lives.

That reality seems like a long, long time ago. How could there possibly have been life before LP? I can't even remember a time when LP was not talking incessantly, let alone a time when she didn't exist. What was life like without her luscious cheeks, inquisitive mind and incredible memory?

Two years ago I was nine months pregnant with my second child. We didn't know a lot about "Bun." The baby's gender was a mystery, as was his/her disposition, size, shape. We thought we had a general idea on the impending impact, but we were wrong.

This reality also seems like a long time ago. How could we have been a family without AK? Without her springy curls, devilish grin, and fantastic hugs and kisses?

By some miracle, I think we are exactly where we are supposed to be.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Amazing, isn't it?

[Sigh]