- "Nah, we don't need a trail map" As evidenced by my family's time spent exploring the woods surrounding the Stamford Arboretum. Seriously, unless you actually want to carry your exhausted kids through the woods, just take a second to grab the dang map.
- "Looks okay to me." If you even have to ask, don't eat it. Just toss it. We haven't had food poisoning lately, but I think this to myself weekly when cleaning out the week's leftovers from the fridge.
- "Special breakfast for Mother's Day!" Alas, I was not the one getting the special breakfast on Sunday. LP said, "Mommy, can we have pancakes and strawberries with this stuff [whipped cream she grabbed from the fridge] since it is Mother's Day?" AK got in on the action, grabbing some chocolate syrup from the fridge. I ix-nayed the syrup but let the rest of the breakfast ride.
- "Let's go shopping!" I spent Mother's Day at the outlets with some girlfriends. We had a great time, but they kept reminding me it was my idea and I bought the least. I guess I am picky. I still had a great time and got two pairs of new shorts, a couple of shirts and some undergarments. The kids made out the best since we all got a few things for our little ones.
- "All done!" Can you say jinx? Just when I think I am caught up on laundry... the girls come home from school, the Hoos gets home from work, I get boogers on my shirt.... Or, if AK calls this out when she finished up a meal if I don't answer fast enough - all done becomes all over.
- "Diaper bag? We don't need no stinkin' diaper bag?" Just when I thought I could get away with carrying only some wipes and a few diapers, AK soils her shorts and ends up wearing LP's 4Ts. Cute, but not exactly effective.
I can go on and on - what can you add to the list?