Thursday, April 15, 2010

Good Day, Sunshine!

This morning I was startled awake at 6:15 by LP who grabbed on to me calling out "Uppy!" It was a jarring way to wake up from a deep sleep and a weird dream. It took me a few minutes to stop feeling ill.

Then she pretty much pushed me out of the bed, although I am sure she will insist that she was snuggling.

I had to get up to get ready for work anyway, so I crawled into the bathroom with my puppydog at my feet. She laid on the bathroom floor when I showered and sneaked out at one point, returning with a blanket. "I got it from [AK]'s room. But I was really quiet so I didn't wake her up."

After we both got dressed we retreated downstairs for some Calliou and breakfast. But first, more conversation:

"Mommy, when my teachers go on break, they take off their [day care center] shirts so they don't get boogers on them."

To be fair, her observation is way better than the monologue I heard at Dunkin Donuts on my way in to work. The lady in front of me was chatting with no one in particular about how hard she works and for so little money, "I told my husband that if I wasn't scared of jail I would be a prostitute so I could make more money." Thanks for sharing!

No comments: