- providing nourishment and [healthy] snacks for four people;
- making sure everyone has [mostly] clean clothes;
- checking to see that no ones panties are too tight or pants are too short;
- ensuring (compulsively) that our bills are being paid, our checking account has funds and our savings accounts are growing;
- straightening out scrunched up clothes wedged into dresser drawers and switching said clothes out when the seasons change;
- offering a shoulder to cry on, an angry glare to run from and scolding words to learn from;
- entertainment in the middle of the chaos and distraction in moments of boredom;
- producing snacks and various toys from my seemingly bottomless pocketbook in a moments notice;
- apprising my children's health (with no medical training) and determining the appropriate course of action;
- the health, happiness and welfare of two of the most beautiful and precious gifts I could ever imagine.
So I stop and think, when did something so extraordinary become so...ordinary?
Don't get me wrong there are many exceptional moments and millions of bright and wonderful moments in our future...but the day-to-day is just that. Being a mom has become my comfort zone. Whoa.