Friday, August 29, 2008

Whipped and Wiped

Yesterday I basically spent the entire day alone with my daughters. From the time they woke up until the time they went to sleep it was just me and them. I was so tired last night I thought that perhaps a truck had run me over when I wasn't looking.

It didn't help that i had planned a very ambitious day. We spent the morning at the Stamford Museum and Nature Center, looking at all of the animals on their working farm (plus an otter and some "exotics"). The kids were free, so for $8 we could walk the grounds, play on the playground and enjoy the morning. Since LP mostly likes animals from a distance, I carried her a bit while pushing Dee in the stroller. Fortunately, by the end of the excursion she was walking more and even trying to talk to the animals. Although Dee slept most of the time, she did wake up right around the time we approached the car to leave. So we found a bench and sat examining pine cones while I nursed. The only meltdown came when we had to leave.

The last Thursday of every month, from 5-8, the Stepping Stones Children's Museum here in Norwalk is free. I have been meaning to go for ages and just never remembered. I decided yesterday was the day to follow through on my plans. First we spent some time at the large playground adjacent to the museum (any opportunity to expend toddler energy should be taken advantage of). We than went to check out the museum. It was very nice, although probably a little old for LP. She loved the waterplay room and the outdoor bubble display. I was able to give Dee a bottle while LP played. Be forewarned, you are not allowed to bring strollers to all of the exhibits, so a Bjorn might be the way to go if you have an infant.

All in all a good day. I am really starting to be thankful that school starts again next week for my little ones. even if I will miss them horribly.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

"...any opportunity to expend toddler energy should be taken advantage of..."

Seriously. :)

Sounds like a wonderful day, and good exhaustion.