Thursday, September 20, 2007

Counting My Lucky Stars

Today I didn't have any funny stories, new experiences or free stuff to write about. I was about to write about something trivial but I instead decided to just let today be a quiet day from View from the Passenger's Seat.

And then I got a devastating email from a woman I know through work...

My sales contact at an industry association, she is not a woman I know particularly well, but we talk several times a year and she is always friendly and inquisitive about my life. Yes, part of the candor has to do with her being a good sales rep and building rapport with me as her client, but she is genuine and sincere and she always remembers LP's name.

She sent me an email to let me know that her 4-month old granddaughter, the light of her life and always one of the main topics of our discussion, passed away suddenly last week. She couldn't be roused from sleep at day care and the emergency team was unable to revive her.

It makes my heart feel heavy as I try to imagine how hopeless her entire family must feel. It also makes me thankful.

1 comment:

Mrs. Booms said...

Okay, that just made me cry. I lost my son when he was a month and a half. We knew it was coming though, we just didn't know when. I slept ( and I use that word loosely, I really didn't) on the couch every night he was with us with my hand on his chest. I didn't want to be asleep when he took his last breath.

You can never know what to say to someone who has lost a child, but they appreciate that you try.

My heart, my prayers and my thoughts are with them and you as well because I know how news like that can effect you.

Go give your baby hugs, I know you already have... And I'm going to go give mine hugs...